November 15th is a day that will forever be marred to our family. It is a day that represents deep sorrow and pain and terrific loss. November 15th is the day that I found our almost 6 week old son lifeless and not breathing. November 15th is the day that I screamed a horrific scream that still haunts my dreams. November 15th is the day that I dialed 911 for the first time in my life and begged the lady on the other end of the phone to hurry. November 15th is the day I saw my husband plead with the Lord for a miracle as he administered CPR on his own lifeless son. November 15th is the day I called every single person in my husbands contact list. I needed every person I knew on their knees begging our Father for my son. November 15th is the day that I ran away. I couldn't watch the paramedics working on my son. I lay in the fetal position not even sure what to pray. November 15th is the day I saw the paramedics carry my sweet baby boy, lifeless, from our home, never to return. November 15th is the day I took a ride in an ambulance and sat in a hospital waiting room and looked at the faces of those around me as they begged God on our behalf. November 15th is the day my husband had to tell me our son was dead. November 15th changed my life forever. November 15 is the day God said no. And November 15th is the day God began to work to bring beauty from ashes. It started there. He held us and loved us and ministered to us. He showed His grace upon grace upon grace to us that day and the days following. One of the most profound things I remember from that time is what a very sweet friend said at Aaden's memorial service. She told us how an enormous number of people from our church had gathered at her house to pray when they got the call at 6am that Saturday morning. They begged and pleaded with God for a miracle. And when that miracle did not come in the way we all hoped, she said 'I prayed the hardest prayer I'll ever pray.' Those words still minister to me. They are a reminder that we are called to enter one another's hurt and pain and tragedy. We are called to open ourselves to that pain and to carry the weight of those burdens on behalf of the one who is hurting. Those words are a reminder that we praise God even when it hurts. Even when we are severely disappointed. Even when he says no. A friend gave me Beth Moore's 'Praying God's Word Day by Day' devotional after Aaden died. It holds simple daily prayers of scripture that really ministered to my heart the days following Aaden's death. The entry for November 15th is utterly profound. Beth Moore writes, "Completely surrender your hurt to Him, withholding nothing, and invite Him to work miracles from your misery." She prays 2 Corinthians 4:8-10, a reminder that though we are afflicted in every way we are not in despair because we have Jesus, we have the ultimate gift of Life, of the hope of an eternity spent with Him. I have seen God work miracles from my misery. I have seen Him bring joy where there was only pain. I have seen Him bring peace where there was only anxiety-filled sleepless nights. I have seen Him bring laughter and dancing. He has turned my mourning into dancing. So, today I write. November 16. A day that represents the start of a new life. A day that represents healing. Today I write about God making beauty from ashes. Today I introduce to you one way God will do that very thing. Today I introduce you to AadenSage. AadenSage is a line of paper goods and products designed specifically for those who are suffering the loss of a child. Beautiful paper that will minister to the heart of a mom and dad who desperately just want to celebrate the life of their child.  Thoughtful gifts that will help a friend who desperately wants to love on the one hurting but isn't sure how. Pretty treasures that will brighten the day of the ones suffering. For the past 4 years I have experienced true love and sacrifice and selflessness from the most amazing family and friends. That is God's grace in my life. My heart aches for those who do not have such investment from friends and family. I want to wrap my arms around those mamas and squeeze them and say "there will be joy again one day... I promise." Until I can physically do that, hop on a plane and hug each and every one of them... I will settle for ministering to them in the best way I know how, through beautiful paper and gifts. One very tangible way we were ministered to immediately after Aaden's death was people giving financially that enabled us to completely cover the expensive funeral costs. My hope is to help others in the same way; so, a portion of all profits made will go to families in need of assistance in covering funeral expenses. So, go meet AadenSage. [http://www.aadensage.com] For the next week or so the shop will only have the art prints and the thank you cards as I want the emphasis to be on celebrating life. I have a beautiful announcement of this new ministry ready to mail out  for anyone who is interested or in need. Please contact me at aadensage@ashleeproffitt.com

16 Comments on AadenSage.

1. Amber Housley
    November 16, 2012 at 9:41 am (4 years ago)

Words cannot express my love and compassion for you. I’m so proud of strength you have a gathered to launch Aaden Sage and I know this will serve so many. Love you!

2. Amy Kinslow
    November 16, 2012 at 10:44 am (4 years ago)

Oh Ashlee, I don’t believe I had ever learned the entire story of Aaden Sage and now I’m sitting at my desk at work with big crocodile tears in my eyes. What you are doing is SO amazing! Your strength in the Lord is SOOOOO inspiring! I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes you. Thanks for sharing. Much love, Amy

3. Valerie Painter {Greyson Design}
    November 16, 2012 at 10:52 am (4 years ago)

Wow! Such beautiful words Ashlee, and such a powerful message to share with others. You story is so uplifting and beautiful, and it transpires through you and your beautiful work. Keep smiling! I look forward to seeing what God has in-store for you! Blessings

4. Michelle Lewis
    November 16, 2012 at 11:12 am (4 years ago)

Once broken but now is whole. Thanking our LORD for what he has brought you through. Now to help others. You are a True Blessing. Will be Praying that your ministry will Help and Bless those who need.

5. Stacy Brown
    November 16, 2012 at 11:15 am (4 years ago)

Ashlee- your strength and courage is beyond measure. I am so blessed for having had the opportunity to meet you and now call you friend. This is such an amazing use of your testimony and I am so proud of you! Hugs & Kisses & lots of prayers as you embark on this incredible journey! xo – Stacy

6. Shay Cochrane
    November 16, 2012 at 11:28 am (4 years ago)

My heart BREAKS again reliving that morning. Our awareness and understanding of who God is was shaken to the core sitting in that aweful waiting room. I am blessed beyond measure to have gotten to witness the past 4 years of healing and transformation and growth – to see with my own eyes God’s promises coming true. This post is BEAUTIFUL and I am SO SO SO proud of how brave you are to relive it all over and over if it means that one other mom with be encouraged to hope. I love you friend. This is big. REALLY BIG.

7. Erin
    November 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm (4 years ago)

This is beautiful Ashlee and what a way to minister to those hurting…
    I woke up yesterday remembering Nov. 15th 4 years ago… being startled by an early morning phone call only to hear my friend hysterical because her son was not breathing, pleading for prayer. I fell to my knees crying out for God to save him…please, please, please just let him be okay…sitting with you in the waiting room pulling at my collar as though I was suffocating, aching like I had lost my own baby. Ashlee, it was one of the worst days of my life to see you and Aaron suffer like that…and then there was this sweet little boy Drew, walking around the waiting room in his blue sleeper, smiling through his pacifier, being used by a GREAT God to bring joy in a devastating moment. Your faithfulness to our Savior, His ministry for you, The church, your friends and family, has impacted so many…I have no doubt your beautiful work will do the same. I am proud of you and I love you…Erin

8. Holly McKenzie
    November 16, 2012 at 1:07 pm (4 years ago)

Ashlee, I am so proud of you doing this. It is going to be amazing to see how God continues to use you and Aaden Sage to minister to others and ultimately bring glory to Him.

9. courtney
    November 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm (4 years ago)

You are an inspiration in my life and the lives of so many others daily! I am so excited for this new journey you are taking with Aadensage. You will bring so much love and healing to so many! Love you!

10. Emily Ley
    November 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm (4 years ago)

You are remarkable Ashlee. I have no words. God is so good. I have so much overwhelming love for that sweet boy whom I never met. He touched so many people’s lives and THAT is incredible. The fact that YOU are helping your son and holding his hand even separated by this world and heaven — to continue to impact the lives of others. What a good good amazing Mom you are. My eyes are full of years knowing the hurt you must have felt (and still feel). And the same years are full of thankfulness for a God who makes ALL things new. You are such a good Mama. I bet Aadens heavenly birthday party is being followed by a beautiful launch party today for his mission here on earth to help other families like his own. Love you friend. Xo Emily

11. Aunt Sue
    November 17, 2012 at 12:04 am (4 years ago)

Tears flow once again reading of the wrenching heartbreak you all lived through. “…weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning…” Psalm 30:5 Thank you for sharing so transparently both your night and your morning.

12. Elizabeth
    November 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm (4 years ago)

What a wonderful inspiration you are, Ashlee. I think this is so incredible and you are so brave. I didn’t know the story behind your sweet angel, so thank you for sharing. I can only imagine the agony you and your family have had to endure. I hope that your ministry will provide much love and strength to families that are hurting and you will continue healing and inspiring so many as you have by honoring Aaden.
    xoxo

13. Tara Beth Claxton
    April 2, 2014 at 9:19 am (3 years ago)

Ashlee…God works when you don’t even know that HE is. Thank you.

14. Linda
    October 2, 2015 at 9:30 am (2 years ago)

This is such an inspiring story and I feel your pain and also feel encouraged by your strength.
    I was wondering what font is that in the frame? The “never forgotten, forever loved” frame?

Thank you a lot for an inspiring blog!
    Linda

• Ashlee
      October 7, 2015 at 9:19 am (2 years ago)

Hi Linda,
      The type is hand-lettered by Laura Joseph from Paper & Honey.
      xo
      ashlee

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on AadenSage.