So, it was a joy to have spent the better part of the last two weeks essentially touring this beautiful state that I lovingly call my first home. My husband was the officiant for two weddings on back-to-back weekends for friends who we absolutely adore. It was an absolute blessing to be witness there special day. My boys stayed with Grandma and Papa and made unforgettable memories doing things like climbing trees, running barefoot, camping, and drinking soda for breakfast.
In our little tour of Virginia we:
- drove 1500 miles across the state.
- cried joyful tears at two unbelievable rehearsal dinners. I have never heard such amazing things said about 4 people in my life. It was an honor to see their love for Christ through the eyes of their closest friends and family.
- witnessed two becoming one. twice.
- ate more food than you can imagine.
- went on a scavenger hunt with my nephews.
- grossed out nephews by picking up a live worm (they’re city boys. :))
- had long late night meaningful converstations.
- had beautiful early morning time in prayer and in the Word as the sun came up.
- stayed in probably the most beautiful homes in all of Virginia.
- watched Adelee attempt to destroy all of those beautiful homes (girlfriend is in to EVERYTHING!)
- experienced true hospitality at its finest.
- played lawn ball (?) and I was terrible.
- laughed until we cried. more times than I can count.
- listened to how God is working and moving and changing lives.
- we exercised. and then had a hard time moving the following days.
- visited my baby boy.
- found ourselves being so grateful for friendships that pick up right where they left off.
It was an amazing trip and the memories we made were absolutely priceless.
p.s. one little highlight might be that time when I saw a girl in the airport with one of my iPhone cases. True story. 🙂