- Writing Sheets (links to those who have done this longer and far better than myself!)
- Bible Verse
- Craft and/or Activity Idea
- Bible Verse
- Bible Story
- Prayer Focus
- 3 Activities/Craft Ideas (to be done throughout the week)
- Letter: A
- Trace an A
- Practice Writing Letter A | Worksheet Printable 1 | Worksheet Printable 2
- Find the Letter A | Worksheet Printable (Doing this activity with a newspaper or magazine is also really fun! Give the little one a marker and have them circle as many "A's" as they can find!)
- Bible Verse: All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 (Memory Verse Printable)
- Talk about
- How we are ALL sinners
- God & His character (How He is perfect and has never sinned)
- Jesus and how He made a way for us to know Him (Romans 5:8)
- Talk about
- Craft: A is for Alligator (slide these sweet little pieces of artwork into a page protector and then in a 3 ring notebook to start creating a really sweet alphabet book!)
God Gives Us Families (Thematic Focus)
- Bible Verse: God gives us families. Psalm 68.6 (Memory Verse Printable)
- Bible Story: 1 Timothy 1:5
- TALK ABOUT
- How Timothy was a believer and that he loved Jesus.
- How he had a mama and grandma who loved Jesus and taught him about Jesus.
- APPLICATION & QUESTIONS TO ASK
- Describe your family and all its members (List them out on a piece of paper!)
- Describe how each member of the family is different, with different roles, gifts and abilities
- Talk about how families are a gift! It's like God gave us a big present when he gave us our family!
- Talk about how we show love to our family members by praying for them, giving to them, and serving them.
- List out ways we can serve (or help!) our family members.
- PRAY FOR
- Family members to know and love Jesus
- Jesus to give us power to love, serve and give to our family members
Make family portraits! (We used shapes cut out of construction paper to review shapes and colors. See ours below! Adee squeals every time she sees Asher's little masterpiece.)
Wash, dry and sort the dishes! Use plasticware and a sink of warm sudsy water to let your little one explore the beauty of helping and serving within the family. Then let them dry and sort the dishes by category, color or size.
Make prayer cards or sticks. Use fun paper or popsicle sticks to write the names of your family members onto. Decorate with paint, glitter or stickers. Each day choose one of the cards or sticks to pray for one of the members of your family. Talk about the importance of praying specifically for the ones you love the most in your life.Proffitt Family Portrait by Asher Proffitt (Printable 'My Family' template with bible verse) Please note Adee's bow (Asher told me she had to have a bow! ha!) and Aaden in heaven.