My overall goal for this
Todays post is really specific for today, St. Patrick’s Day but feel free to use these super cute ideas throughout the entire week!
Thematic Focus: St. Patrick’s Day
- VIDEO: The True Story of St. Patrick’s Day
- BIBLE VERSE: The Lord our God The lord is one you shall love the lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. Deuteronomy 6:4-5
(Memory Verse Printable)
- STORY: St. Patrick | St. Patick (explained for kids)
- TALK ABOUT
- What it means to be a missionary.
- The trinity as it relates to the shamrock.
- How it’s fun to celebrate when God uses people to do great things.
- APPLICATION & QUESTIONS TO ASK
- What is a missionary?
- Why are missionaries important?
- Why do we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
- Who was St. Patrick?
- What does it mean ‘the Lord is one’? (Talk about trinity and explain using the shamrock.
- What does it mean to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and might?
- What is a rainbow?
- What colors are in a rainbow?
- PRAY FOR
- Us to love Jesus with all of our heart, soul and might.
- Missionaries in our city, country and world!
- Confetti Rainbow Shamrock
- Shamrock Stamp (1)
- Shamrock Stamp (2)
- Rainbow Jar Science Experiment
- Rainbow + Pot of Gold (by yours truly)
- Draw rainbow on cardstock
- Tear small pieces of tissue paper and pinch into a ball. Glue to rainbow to fill in stripes.
- Add black tissue pieces for a ‘pot.’
- Brush glue onto your ‘gold’ and sprinkle with gold glitter.
- Green Milk (Add just a drop of green food coloring to your little one’s milk and see them experience a little magic!) Land of Nod made adorable Shamrock Floats that would be super cute to make with your little ones!
- Shamrock Chips
- Rainbow Pancakes (now I am not a huge proponent of food coloring but every once in awhile to achieve this adorable stack of pancakes?! I vote yes!)
- Clover Rice Krispie Treats
Have fun celebrating and learning with your little loves this week!!