- Bible Verse: Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. Psalm 96:3
- Memory Verse Printable (Download your version of the memory verse seen above.)
- Talk About
- Ask: What does this Bible verse mean?
- Ask: What does ‘Declare’ mean?
- Ask: What does ‘His Glory’ mean?
- Ask: What does ‘the nations’ mean?
- Ask: What does the ‘His wonders’ mean?
- Ask: Let’s name some ‘nations’ that we know of in the world.
- Ask: How do we know God loves all the nations? All people of different races, cultures, people groups?
- Pray a prayer of thanksgiving to God for creating all people and all nations. Pray that He would make Himself known to the nations and help us, His people, to declare His glory to the world
FUN ACTIVITY IDEAS
- Craft: Mini Piñata (See our version and step by step instructions below.)
- Recipe: Baked Churros (Seriously! These are SO yummy!!) | Cinco De Mayo Sipper (Yummy drink!)
- Math: Cinco De Mayo Math Mini Book (FREE) | Cinco De Mayo Count & Graph Worksheets (FREE)
- Read: Marco’s Cinco De Mayo
- Coloring & Creating: Cinco De Mayo Coloring Sheets
Idea + Instructions adapted from Parents.com
- Toilet Paper Tubes
- Tissue Paper or Paper Streamers (In a variety of colors)
- Hole String
- Cut square pieces of tissue paper (large enough to cover the toilet paper tube opening)
- Cut a 3/4″ X in the center of the square
- Glue the square over the bottom of the toilet paper tube
- If using tissue paper, cut into 1 1/2 inch wide strips long enough to go around the tube
- If using paper streamers, cut into strips long enough to go around the tube
- Cut fringe into the strips
- Use glue to adhere strips to the tube, starting from the bottom and working your way to the top, alternating colors.
- Punch two holes in the top of the tube and tie a 5 inch piece of ribbon to create a handle
- Tape a length of ribbon/string over the X on the bottom of the tube
- Fill piñata with lightweight candy and toys.
Use ribbon/string to pull and release all the candy!