Our little family has exactly 4 weeks left of summer. Insert: Tears. This summer has been crazy for me personally and my goal for these remaining weeks of summer is to be intentional with the time I have left with my school aged kids (especially my little guy who is starting kindergarten this year!)
One simple way we can pursue the hearts of our children and hear what concerns are weighing heavy on their little minds is to pray with them. Commit to spending a specific time every day to praying for and with your children.
- Bible Verse:Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4.6
- Memory Verse Art Print (Download your version of the memory verse seen above.)
- Talk About
- Ask: What is prayer?
- Ask: Why do we pray?
- Ask: Does God hear us when we pray?
- Ask: Does God care about the things that are important to us? How do we know? (Talk about Psalm 139 and how He knows everything about us and He cares deeply!)
- Use the prayer cards (printable below!) to talk through and pray through the specific topics.
FUN ACTIVITY IDEAS
- Journal: Write down the prayer requests and over the next few weeks write down how God answers the prayers
- Prayer Wall: Get creative and make a way to remind your family daily to pray for specific requests and a way to document when God answers prayers. Here are a few great examples!
- Prayer Sticks: Write names or requests on popsicle sticks and keep them on your kitchen table. Have each family member draw a stick each day and have them pray for that person or request. This is a cute example.
PRINTABLE PRAYER CARDS
Prayer Cards Printables [Click here to download]
The Ashlee Proffitt free printables and downloads are for personal use only. Ashlee Proffitt remains the sole and exclusive owner and holder of the copyright of the graphic and you may not sell or give away the image in any way.