Sausage & Winter Squash Fritata
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3oz Cooked Sausage (chopped or crumbled)
- 1/4 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup Butternut Squash (cubed & roasted)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Fresh Herbs (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
|Beat eggs, salt and pepper and herbs until well-combined.|
|Add olive oil to 10-inch oven-proof skillet and sauté onions and peppers until soft. Add sausage and squash and cook until heated through.|
|Pour eggs over filling and cook until edges start to set.|
|Put pan in oven and broil until frittata is puffed and brown on top, 3-5 minutes.|
I LOVED this recipe. But in the nature of full disclosure, my 8 year old actually gagged and threw it up at the table. So that was awesome.
- Original Recipe from Cook Eat Paleo
- I tripled the recipe for our family of 5.
- I used this sausage and while it was great, I don’t love fennel which is strong in italian sausage. So I’m still on the hunt for the perfect sausage. Do you have a favorite?
- Make sure you allow enough time to roast the winter squash!!
I would love to know what you think of this if you try it!