Here is what is currently on my reading list:
- Answers to Prayer : I am working on this big seemingly impossible project. My sweet friend gave me this book as a reminder and evidence that God does the work He calls you too. I can’t wait to dive into this one this month.
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality : I have been working on this one since January and I am about halfway through. It’s taking awhile simply because I am trying to process as I go. I’m still not 100% sure what I think about this book yet, but this is a year of book finishing and finishing I will.
- Boundaries : On the Nancy Ray Book Club list for March. I have loved reading her books each month!
- E-Myth : I am a few chapters in and this book is BLOWING MY MIND.
- Life: Beautiful Magazine : Absolutely gorgeous magazine full of truth and inspiration
- Tapestry Magazine : Again, stunningly beautiful magazine with amazing truth and gorgeous imagery. See the excerpt below from the current issue.
I think there’s a natural pull all of us feel to live nose down, eyes to the ground, focused on the here and now. With this posture it’s only natural to strive. With our eyes fixed on those things directly in front of us, it makes sense that we would naturally start to grasp for those things or elevate those people. Life at the base of the mountain (reference to Moses) moves along with the current of culture — striving to get ahead, grasping for more, seeking to make your name great.
…. When we assume the posture of the higher call we become like Moses, a man who would refuse to move unless the Lord moved before Him, who wanted more than a shadow of the Lord, a man who dared to see His face and a man who didn’t think much about his own name — he just wanted to make His name known. The higher call results in moving against the current culture. It’s no longer about gaining or attaining knowledge, it’s about knowing and enjoying Him. It’s no longer about making your name known, it becomes about making His name great!” Jessi Cross, Tapestry Magazine
What are you currently reading?