A year or so ago Shay Cochrane and I did a little video interview about how we as business-owning-mamas “do it all.” The very first line out of my mouth was: “dry shampoo.” While we laughed at my poking fun at the fact that no one “does it all” or at least, no does it all well, meaning this business-owning-busy-plate-too-full mama hadn’t washed her hair in days, dry shampoo is in fact an amazing gift to the modern day busy woman.
And because I value this sweet gift probably more than the average woman, because washing and drying and curling my head of long hair is no small feat, I wanted to share with you my favorite new dry shampoo and 5 reasons why it is the best dry shampoo, ever.
Dry shampoo in general has great benefits like the obvious elimination of oil and unwanted moisture and of course convenience. My favorite benefit of dry shampoo in general is added volume. I have super fine hair with little to no volume so this product is a staple in my beauty regimen (even when my hair is clean. ;))
But dry shampoos are not created equal so that’s why I wanted to share with you my new favorite. And since I consider myself a resident dry shampoo expert I’m thinking you should take this as expert advice. 😉
Stranded Hair Powder is an amazing dry shampoo and now after using it for a few weeks I can readily say it is my favorite!
5 REASONS WHY I LOVE STRANDED
- Convenience: The bottle is the perfect size to throw in my bag for those busy mornings I just need to get out the door.
- Ease of Use: This dry shampoo is a powder and while I was unsure how I would feel switching from an aerosol spray to a powder I have found it easier to apply, more accurate and less messy (meaning I’m not spraying everyone around me!)
- Smell: All dry shampoos I have tried have very strong, not-super-appealing smells. Stranded on the other hand has the most beautiful, luxurious scent. It is seriously magical.
- Every Hair Color: I’ve never had a problem with dry shampoos because the white-ish residue isn’t noticeable in my blonde hair. However, all my brunette and red head friends are at a loss for a great dry shampoo for their colored locks. Stranded offers the perfect solution, a hair powder specific to hair colors; one for blondes, one for brunettes, and one for red heads.
- Good Ingredients: All dry shampoos I have ever used come with an array of ingredients I can’t pronounce and I’m assuming ingredients that probably aren’t great directly applied to my scalp. Stranded uses on the safest ingredients, free of dyes, sulfates, parabens and gluten!
But my favorite reason I love this product is because I know that with every purchase of hair powder, I am helping to bring hope, restoration and faith to those in need. Stranded gives a percentage of every sale to the Lauren Kennedy Scruggs Foundation: A foundation that brings hope, restores dignity, and ignites faith in girls and women with limb loss by providing beautiful cosmetic coverings for protheses. (Read more about the LSK Foundation here.)
And because the Stranded team is so generous they are offering you sweet readers 20% off your order with coupon code: ASHLEE2017. So get shopping!