Yesterday I made this big announcement. Subsequently my goals and calendar for June look vastly different than they have for the last 5 months, or for as long as I can remember really. While change is uncomfortable and I’ve never been one to do well without a plan I am learning to find rest and peace amidst the transition. I’m also grateful for summer; it’s providing a sweet natural break to my normal daily and weekly rhythms that are helping me ease into this new season.
I pray that the verse I chose for this month’s wallpaper would encourage you to remember and to trust that God is always doing a new work, growing you for your good and His glory even when we may not see it or feel it (Philippians 1:6). And that even amidst the daily dance between joy and frustration or disappointment or just the general uneasiness we all experience everyday that we would see that He is at work, making paths in the wilderness and rivers in the dessert.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
A FEW FAVORITES FROM MAY
- Finished all my client work! I can’t wait to show you all the beauty we created together!
- Planned & executed our church’s women’s retreat. It was amazing!
- Planned & executed the cutest little tea party for my daughter’s 5th birthday. Full post coming soon!
- Started working on one of the many photobook albums I would like to complete by the end of the year. This is oddly enough my top goal for 2017. No matter what else happens this year if this goal happens I will call 2017 a success. 😉
- Giving the Ashlee Proffitt site a little facelift, simplified and refined.
- Celebrated my 12 year wedding anniversary!
- Started a super scary project that I have absolutely no idea how to do. Maybe I’ll get brave and share with you soon what the scary project is.
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN JUNE
- Summer break with my kiddos. I’m only working 1 day a week this summer and am looking forward to lots of downtime and snuggles and lazy mornings and all the board games. Really I’m just excited to reconnect with my kids after what feels like an extended season of hustle. P.S. This post about summer rhythms with littles is super helpful and encouraging.
- A road trip to Virginia to see my family.
- Celebrating my oldest’s 10th birthday. My husband and I are sneaking him away for a few days to celebrate and I can’t wait!
- Making some traction on some of the ideas I have for The Morning.
What are you looking forward to this month? What fun things do you have planned this summer? I’m praying that no matter what you have planned this month, that these simple wallpapers will serve as a daily reminder that you are loved. Enjoy.
To use Desktop Wallpaper: Click on the links below, and save the large image to your computer. Then set it as your desktop wallpaper.
PHONE & TABLET
To use iPhone & Tablet Wallpapers + Lock Screen: Click on the links below, and save the image to your photos. Open your camera roll, select the image and click next. A box should pop up with icons (message, mail, copy, etc.) choose ‘Use as Wallpaper.’ Scale or position the image to your liking and then select ‘Set Lock Screen.’