Every Sunday afternoon I pull out all my cookbooks and my handy meal planner worksheet and grocery lister. Then I spend a silly amount of time choosing the right meals for the week, overthinking what will work best for each night’s different schedules and simultaneously doing my very best to plan healthy meals with healthy ingredients.
This process legitimately takes up a good portion of every Sunday afternoon. However, I do it because it makes the rest of the week 100x better. This time and energy investment is worth it because at the end of each day I don’t have to scrounge for dinner, scramble to come up with a plan using the random ingredients found in my pantry or make a mad dash to the grocery store at the last minute. I go to the grocery store once a week and then my fridge and pantry are stocked with everything I need. i.e. No panic from this busy mama who no longer has the energy to panic. 😉
So while the time investment to plan our meals for the week is worth it to me as well as the time spent in the kitchen making the meals, I have been looking for a way to simplify this process. I still desire healthy meals but I decided there had to be a less time consuming way.
And then I found Eat Real With Me!
A meal planning service with an emphasis on healthy foods and a unique strategy to give you 6 meals in under 1 hour of TOTAL hands on time in the kitchen each week. The strategy is explained briefly below from the creator of this service:
Each meal plan includes two meals that can be made in 20 hands-on minutes and four meals that can be made in only 5 hands-on minutes. On the 20 minute days, you will be cooking a larger amount of various proteins and veggies to be used in subsequent meals, once they are each changed or added to, in order to make each meal unique in taste.
Count me in.
So, I tried Eat Real With Me last week. And I LOVED it and I listed 5 quick reasons why below:
- I spent ZERO time meal planning. Just printed the ingredient list for that week, added in any additional items our family needed and headed to the grocery store. Already worth the investment, in my opinion.
- The amount of time in the kitchen was as described in the instructions. The four 5-10 minute dinners were LIFESAVERS on a few specific nights when we had to head out the door really quickly.
- The meals were really good.
- The variety from my normal meal rotation was really nice!
- The meals were healthy and already designed gluten-free with dairy as optional. We are trying to heal my oldest son from allergies so we have essentially eliminated all gluten and most dairy. Having recipes already made for those specific requirements was SUPER helpful!
Take a look at 4 of our meals last week. The Shrimp & Black Bean Tostadas literally took 5 minutes and is hands down one of the most amazing things that has ever come out of my kitchen.
For those very quick reasons, if you are a modern busy mama who wants to cook healthy meals for your family and wants to do it very simply I think you should give Eat Real With Me a try! And just in case you are just the busiest of busy mamas and you are extra-pressed for time, pairing these plans with a grocery delivery service like Shipt or Instacart would be a great option for you.
P.S. If you sign up with this link and receive 25% off your first month’s subscription!