High quality work is no longer an option. Whether you stumbled into this career by chance or made an intentional decision to pursue this creative endeavor, having a strong understanding of even the most basic of design theories is an absolute must.
And simply owning the appropriate design tools will not make you a solid designer that produces quality work. You must learn how to use those tools in order to create the best work possible.
You spend hours dreaming and developing new ideas, products, and marketing strategies only to see the final product never reach the full potential you imagined.
I want to help remedy that problem.
Let’s spend some together discussing the basic theories of graphic design and answering those daunting questions that you otherwise feel silly asking.
BFA from James Madison University, 2006: Degree in Fine Art, emphasis in Graphic Design
Ashlee has been honing her design skills for the last 10 years. She is an expert in her field, constantly obsessing over genius layouts and gorgeous typography. She is passionate about developing strong, solid design and designers.
Design 101 – 2 hour live online classroom session on Tuesday, August 5
In our time together we will be covering foundational design principles that will enable you to begin creating better quality work immediately. You will learn actual design basics that will eliminate guess work and allow you to create solid, more impactful design elements for your business in a more time efficient manner.
Topics We Will Cover:
- Design Terminology – What does it all mean?
- Basic Rules of Typography – How to appropriately use fonts and layout type.
- Color – What is the difference in CMYK and RGB? What is a HEX color?
- Color Palette – How to create a cohesive color palette.
- Basic Page Layout – Hierarchy and lines.
- File Types – The differences and what each type is used for.
- File Setup – Web versus print.
- Computer Design Software – Why you should not be using photoshop and what you should be using instead.
- Your Questions! – You will be given an opportunity to ask questions before our class session as well as during our time together.
10 Students. This class will be kept small for the purpose of creating an intentional and purposeful teaching session with more space for genuine feedback and accountability.
You will be given a homework assignment to complete after our class session. You will receive honest and helpful feedback on your assignment with ideas for how to continue improving your design skill set.
Ashlee’s Design School students will receive access to a private Facebook group to share ideas, receive feedback on current design work, encourage and ask questions from other students.
$198 for the 2 hr limited seating Design School Class as well as the recording following the event.
Please note that seats are first come, first serve. This class is limited to only the first 10 students to register. After the class is full you will be able to join the waiting list for future live classroom sessions.