Memory Verse Printable (Click to download, save and print!)
Talk About / Questions to Ask
- Ask: What does this Bible verse mean?
- Ask: What does ‘He is not here’ mean?
- Ask: What does ‘He is risen’ mean?
- Ask: What do we celebrate on Easter morning?
- Ask: Is Easter really about a bunny and eggs (even though those are fun things to play?)
- Ask: When Jesus rose from the dead, what did that mean for me? (Talk about how Jesus defeated sin and death and made a way for us, as sinners, to be connected with Him!)
Dye + Decorate Easter Eggs! (Make your own colors using this chart. As you dye them talk about what the colors mean and read the Scripture together:
- Black: Our Sin / Romans 3.23
- Red: Jesus’ Blood & Death / Romans 5:8-9
- White: Forgiveness of Sin / Isaiah 1:18
- Purple: God’s grace / Ephesians 2:8-9
- Blue: new creation / 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Green: Growth in our faith / 2 Peter 1:3-7
- Yellow: eternity & heaven / John 3:16
Make Resurrection Rolls!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Large marshmallows
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Melt butter in another small bowl and cool to room temperature. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying well with non-stick spray.
- Give each child a crescent roll. The crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in. Have them unroll the dough. Read: Matthew 27: 57-61 & Luke 23:50-56
- Give each child a marshmallow. This represents Jesus. Dip the marshmallow in melted butter, representing the oils of embalming. Now dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar, representing the spices used to anoint the body.
- Then wrap the coated marshmallow with the crescent roll. Seal the roll well. This represents the wrapping of Jesus’ body after death. Talk about how Jesus was buried to prove that He died.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake according to directions on crescent roll can (Talk about how Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days. Pretend like they’re in the oven for three days!) Cool 10-15 minutes (center will be very hot).
- Open the rolls and discover that the marshmallow is gone! Talk about how Jesus was raised from the dead and the tomb was empty! Read: Matthew 28:1-10 & Luke 24:1-12
Pray. Spend some time talking about prayer, what it is and how we can think of it as simply talking to God. Emphasize what a gift prayer is, that when we talk to God, He hears us! Talk about how prayer is a privilege (ask: what does ‘privilege’ mean?) and how prayer is powerful (Give examples of answered prayer in your own life. Your children probably being a major one!) Then read Mark 14:32-42 and talk about how Jesus prayed in the garden. Talk about why He was praying and what He was praying for. Finish up by spending some time in prayer with your little one!
Praying for all of you mama’s this week, that you would intentionally and purposefully pursue Jesus and the hearts of your children! Happy Holy Week!