- Letter: K
- Trace a K
- Practice Writing Letter K | Worksheet Printable 1 | Worksheet Printable 2
- Find the Letter K | Worksheet Printable
- Bible Verse: You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
- Memory Verse Printable
Talk About / Questions to Ask
- Ask: What does this Bible verse mean?
- Ask: What does ‘keep’ mean? Why is that important?
- Ask: What does ‘perfect peace’ mean?
- Ask: What is the opposite of peace?
- Talk About: Because of Jesus and the Gospel (explain Jesus’ life, death, burial and resurrection and all that means for those who believe) we can have peace! No more worry!
- Ask: How can we keep our mind on Jesus?
- Ask: What does it mean to trust in Jesus?
CRAFT: K is for Kite (Instructions 1 / Inspiration )
- Show pictures of different types of kites (This website is super helpful!!)
- Ask: What are the best weather conditions for flying a kite?
- Ask: How does a kite work?
- Talk about the wind! Fun Facts for Kids: Wind
READ (check them out in your local library!):
Activity 1 | Toilet Paper Roll Kite
Make a kite with simple household items like toilet paper rolls and plastic grocery bags or streamers if you have them on hand. (Instructions & Cute Example)
Activity 2 | Straw Blowing
Provide paper, paint, spoons and straws. Spoon paint onto paper. Encourage your little one to blow (out only!) through the straws to move the paint around the paper.
Activity 3 | Paper Airplanes
Use these patterns to make paper airplanes!
Activity 4 | Blow Bubbles
Blow bubbles. Make sure you do it with them. It’s amazing how much fun a little bubble-blowing can bring!