Our little family is so very blessed. So very blessed. And I am asking the Lord to help me see all those blessings, acknowledge them and thank God for them. And in so doing encourage and teach my littles to do the same.
- Bible Verse: Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5.18
- Memory Verse Printable
- Talk About
- Ask: What does this Bible verse mean?
- Ask: What does ‘give thanks’ mean?
- Ask: What are some ways we can show we are thankful?
- Ask: What are some things you are thankful for?
- Ask: Why do you think it’s a good idea to show gratitude (thankfulness)?
- Read the following verses together. Talk about God made everything and everything we have is a gift.
- Read: 1 Timothy 6:17. Talk about why God blesses us.
Give Thanks Activity + Printable
- Writing + Drawing: Print out the Give Thanks printables and have your child write or draw people, experiences, and things they are thankful for.
- Think About It: Encourage your children to think through why they are thankful for those specific things and to share the ‘why’ out loud.
- Mommy Does It: Do your own list along with them. Spend a few minutes having everyone share out loud all the things you are thankful for!
- Prayer: Spend just a few minutes thanking God for all of those things!!