I have mastered my make-up routine in such a way that I can currently be finished in about 2 minutes. If you are like me and like make-up (this is not a “you should wear make-up all the time” type of blog, you are beautiful with or without make-up!) but want to keep the process to a short amount of time, I have listed my tips as well as my exact make-up routine below.
- Simplify. If you are busy or in a hurry or just not doing your make-up because you feel like it’s too complicated. Simplify your routine.
- Clean Out. Throw out anything that is expired, broken or you haven’t used within the last month.
- Organize. Keep your makeup tools, brushes & sponges separate from your actual make-up; it makes application go so much quicker when you aren’t hunting for your eyelash curler or blush brush.
PHASE 1: FACE
- Apply Foundation (Favorite | Inexpensive Option I use every day)
- Apply Translucent Powder
- Apply Blush (my new favorite!!)
PHASE 2: EYES
- Curl Eyelashes
- Apply Eyeliner
- Apply Eye Shadow (A new favorite! I’m obsessed! Don’t underestimate the value of a good eye shadow!)
- Apply Mascara (My favorite mascara for years. I have fine lashes and the tiny little wand helps to find them all, making my eyelashes look super full and defined.)
- Fill in Brows (This is a recent addition to my make-up routine and really finishes off my eyes. Worth the extra 20 seconds for sure.)
PHASE 3: LIP
- Apply Lipstick (I love lipstick. It makes me feel fancy and beautiful even if I’m just bopping around the house. It really completes your look, even if it’s a nude or natural toned color. I have been using a clinique lipstick palette for a probably gross amount of time. But I still love it and I think it’s still sanitary. However, it is no longer for sell. This Chanel palette is almost identical to what I use on a daily basis. I love the versatility and ease of application!)
- Or Gloss (A new favorite! It’s not sticky and stays shiny for good amount of time!)
What is your favorite tip for keeping your make-up routine quick, efficient & beautiful?