Once we completed the overhauling of Ashlee’s closet, we created a 10 Key Pieces list best suited for her lifestyle. And then, we went shopping to build up her wardrobe!
1. Plain White Tee
- What we purchased: Vintage Cotton Scoopneck Tee
- Why: Because White is forever classic (and Ashlee’s favorite color).
2. Ballet Flats
- What we purchased: D’Orsay Flat
- Why: Because these are a staple style that are flattering with most looks. Also, for Ashlee this would be an everyday shoe so it was important to invest in a quality shoe that is built for comfort.
3. Slip-on Sneaker
- What Ashlee already had: White Converse
- Why: Because chucks rock, are forever in style, and for whatever reason, you can always pair them with most anything!
4. An Elegant Blazer
- What we purchased: Tailored Jacket
- Why: Ashlee’s lifestyle doesn’t always demand an elegant blazer, so we opted instead for something a bit more casual that could easily be dressed up or down. And because this won’t be a weekly wear for her, we choose a blazer on the more inexpensive side.
5. Classic White
- What Ashlee already had: Oxford Shirt
- Why: Because it just always makes sense to have at least one collared shirt in your wardrobe, no matter who you are.
6. Striped Shirt
- What we purchased: Linen Baseball Tee
- Why: Because this is simply a classic pattern.
7. Black Pant
- What we purchased: Pixie Pant
- Why: Because a well-fitting black pant makes us feel like a million bucks! This particular pant fit Ashlee so well and with it’s structured yet relaxed fit, it could easily be styled for a casual look (chucks and a denim jacket) OR for a date night (classic pumps and blouse).
8. Classic Pumps
- What we purchased: Claudette Pump in Nude
- Why: Because pumps make any lady feel sexy and classy.
9. Black Dress
- What Ashlee already had: Fit-and-Flare Dress (similar)
- Why: Because a black dress is perfect for most occasions, it’s worth the investment.
10. Dark Denim
- What we purchased: Essential Skinny in Dark Wash
- Why: Because we all love denim and a dark wash is the most versatile of any wash. Good denim is always a good investment. These (and others like the J.Crew Toothpick Denim) use premium fabrics and are constructed in such a way where they always maintain their shape.