*All recipes and photos come from the magazine Simple & Delicious (can access the recipes online here.)
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1 cup orange candy coating disks
- Yellow, orange and brown jimmies
- In a microwave, melt baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip each pretzel halfway into chocolate allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating disks; stir until smooth. Dip pretzel tips into coating allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
- 5 cups caramel corn
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1-1/4 cups Reese’s pieces, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the caramel corn, pretzels, crackers and 1 cup Reese’s pieces. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter; add vanilla and stir until smooth. Pour over pretzel mixture; stir until well coated.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining Reese’s pieces; press lightly. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
. . .
Ok. So you have to try this recipe. AMAZING. I am pretty sure I (with the help of my 8 month old…) consumed 3 entire sweet potatoes. haha. They have a little kick to them which is a great mix to the sweet nature of a sweet potato. I didn’t have the ingredients for the dip so I just consumed them (literally… like a vacuum…haha) by themselves. Sooo good.
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes (3-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Combine the oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, beat the dip ingredients until blended. Serve with sweet potato chips. Yield: 16 servings (3 cups dip).
Let me know if you try them!!!