These little cookies are my favorite go-to dessert recipe for multiple reasons.
1. The ingredients are staple items in our home, so I can make these in a pinch.
2. They only have a few simple ingredients, making them (in my mind) a healthier option than most cookies.
3. They are super quick and easy to make.
4. They taste amazing!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3- 3 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats (*Make sure you use Quick Cooking Oats, not Old Fashioned Oats for this recipe.)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for exactly 1 minute.*That 1 minute is important. If you don’t boil long enough or boil too long the cookies will not turn out just right. So, I set a timer to be safe.
- Stir in the next 3 ingredients until combined and peanut butter is melted
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool.
Easy and delicious!!